After a collision, you will need to ensure that an experienced repair technician inspects your car thoroughly. These professionals usually know the areas they need to give special consideration to. So, when you get your car back, you can rest assured that it is completely safe to drive. Many people tend to overlook the necessity of getting their cars inspected following collisions. This is especially so in case the collision was minor.
For instance, minor collisions can result in deep scratches appearing on the exterior surface of the car. However, a vehicle owner might not consider this to be very serious. So, instead of depositing the vehicle at a repair shop, the individual keeps using the car. Invariably, this innocuous problem will lead to something more serious, such as rust setting into the body of the vehicle. Repairing this will not only be costlier. It will invariably take much longer for technicians to repair the rusted panels.
Many people possess little or no knowledge of car repairs and maintenance. As such, various myths abound pertaining to Nissan or Volvo smash repairs. Some of the most common ones include:
- You Need to Use Your Insurer’s Repair Shop: Insurance companies will provide you with a list of repair shops for taking your vehicle for repairs. But, this is merely a recommendation. It is not mandatory. You can opt to get your car repairs performed at a nearby repair shop. But, this might lead to a longer time for the settlement of the claim.
- Auto Insurers Will Cover All Damages and Repairs: The auto insurance policy you have will specify the liability of the insurer. So, you will need to know the terms and conditions specified in the policy document. Auto insurance companies are only responsible for restoring your car to its pre-accident condition. So, if certain repairs improve the condition of your car, you might need to pay a betterment fee.
- Hailstorm Damage Claims Will Raise Your Premium: Filing an auto claim will typically lead to an increase in car insurance premiums. But, this is not necessarily true for claims pertaining to damage from natural phenomena. This is because hail damage is uncontrollable. As such, it does not reflect on the risk of insuring the driver.
- Minor Dents Need Comprehensive Repairs: Repair technicians will not need to overhaul your car to repair fender benders and other minor dents in the car. Smash repair specialists in Alexandria and other areas can perform the necessary repairs with a process known as Paintless Dent Repair (PDR). This technique does not damage the exterior paint of the car. As a result, car repairs will not be very expensive and time-consuming.
- Only Authorised Dealers Can Repair Cars Properly: Authorised dealers will use Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) parts for repairing vehicles. They might even feature an array of repair technicians, adept in dealing with all kinds of repairs. But, this doesn’t mean that only they can repair your car properly.